Kunstsammlung im Auditorium
Between the campus and the city centre, next to the Old Botanical Garden, is the University's first lecture hall: the Auditorium, built in 1865. Today, the building houses the art collection. Its treasures include works by Dürer, Botticelli, Rembrandt and Goya, as well as by Nolde, Beckmann and Modersohn-Becker. The collection is thought to be the oldest university collection of art in Germany explicitly designed as a teaching collection. Students of art history can work directly on the works of art and design their own exhibitions.
Weender Landstraße 2, 37073 Göttingen
Bus routes: 41, 42, 91, 92 Bus stop ‘Auditorium’
All bus routes: Bus stop ‘Weender Str.-West’ or ‘Weender Str.-Ost’
Covered car park Carré (Weender Straße 75, entrance via Reitstallstraße), opening hours: Mon - Sat 6 am - 10 pm, closed on Sundays, 3 minutes’ walk
Car park Platz der Göttinger Sieben (entrance only via Weender Landstraße coming from southern direction): Open all day, 4 minutes’ walk
Photo top and photo overview by Peter Heller.
The access to the concert venue is barrier-free. For further information on Festival venue accessibility, please see the overview.
Hinweis: Der Zugang befindet sich hinter dem Gebäude. Klingel und Sprechanlage müssen betätigt werden, um dass Ihnen geöffnet wird.