A masterpiece of Gothic-style architecture, the St. Jacobi church (built 1361-1459) with its 72m high tower may claim to be Göttingen’s most significant edifice. The interior, which in 1998/99 was restored in line with Renaissance models and adorned with five new motive windows, houses a precious double wing altar crafted by an unknown master in 1402.
Jacobikirchhof 1a, 37073 Göttingen
All bus routes: Bus stop ‘Weender Str.-West’ or ‘Weender Str.-Ost’
Bus routes 50, 71, 72, 80 Bus stop ‘Theaterstraße’
Covered car park Carré (Weender Straße 75, entrance via Reitstallstraße), opening hours: Mon - Sat 6 am - 10 pm, closed on Sundays, 3 minutes' walk
Car park ‘Albaniplatz’, open all day, 7 minutes' walk