St. Paulus is a Catholic parish church in Göttingen. Begun in 1927 as the town’s second post-Reformation Catholic Church, the building was consecrated on 21st July, 1929. The church bears the name of the Apostle Paul, whose monumental statue dominates the western gable. St. Paulus is a basilica in severe late neo-Baroque style. Despite its ‘baroque’ arch, the interior, too, is of almost Romanesque severity and monumentality. The baroque-style ceiling painting (1936) by Eduard Goldkuhle, showing the apotheosis of St Paul, is an impressive feature.
Wilhelm-Weber-Straße 13-15, 37073 Göttingen
Bus routes 41, 42 Bus stop ‘Nikolausberger Weg’
Bus route 80 Bus stop ‘Bühlweg’
Parking in front of the venue
Car park Albaniplatz, open all day, 10 minutes' walk