St. Albani-Kirche, Göttingen
The St. Albani church on the eastern edge of the town centre forms the heart of Göttingen’s oldest parish. Construction of the building that still stands today began in 1423. The original hipped roof with a high ridge turret was replaced some 300 years later with a baroque tower that gives the church its characteristic silhouette to this day. In the mid-19th century the interior was remodelled in neo-Gothic style and today’s pulpit, three stained glass windows in the choir, the pews and the galleries were installed. Along with the 36 stop organ by Paul Ott, the winged altar is the church’s most precious treasure.
Bus routes 50, 71, 72, 150 Bus stop ‘Albaniplatz’
Bus routes 50, 71, 72, 80 Bus stop ‘Friedrichstraße’
Car park Albaniplatz, open all day, 2 minutes’ walk